Terms & Conditions
This Website is owned and operated by D C Thomson & Company Limited (“D C Thomson”), a limited company registered in Scotland. These rules are the terms and conditions that you must agree to in order to use this Website (the “Rules”).
1. AGE RESTRICTIONS
- To use this Website you must be over the age of 5
- If you are younger than 18:
- you must show your mother, father or guardian these Rules and they must have then given you permission to use this Website, and
- unless your mother, father or guardian have told you otherwise, you must be supervised at all times by your mother, father or guardian when using this Website
- If you are a mother, father or guardian of a user of this Website who is under the age of 18 then you must agree to these terms and conditions in respect of yourself and your child, and make sure that your child understands and complies with them. Unless you agree that your child can use this Website without supervision, you must supervise your child’s use of this Website at all times. You are responsible for your child’s use of this Website (supervised or unsupervised).
2. YOUR DATA
- We will always treat your personal data according to our Privacy Statement. Details of the personal data that we collect about you is contained in the Privacy Statement.
- You have the right to delete your account and all material that you have contributed to this Website by visiting this page.
- If you choose, or you are provided with, a username, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential (secret) and not share it with anyone else.
3. USE OF INTERACTIVE FEATURES
- If you join in with any forums, chats, comments or other interactive features on this Website you must agree to the following rules of use of those features:
- Do not post anything about your friends, family or other people. For example you must not post the name, address or telephone number of your friends, parents or guardians or teachers to this Website;
- Do not say anything about anyone that is not true;
- Do not post anything that you do not have permission to post (for example, you will probably not have permission to post music that you have downloaded from the internet);
- Do not post anything that is illegal, offensive, pornographic, rude, racist, sexist, discriminatory or defamatory;
- Do not post anything that is deliberately meant to upset anyone else;
- Do not offer to buy, sell or trade anything from or to other users of this Website;
- Do not post viruses, trojans or other malware;
- Do respect other users of the Website;
- Do tell your parents (or, if you are an adult, tell us) if you think any other user of this Website has breached these rules. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at the address below.
- We may post information about celebrities from time to time and you may wish to talk about them on this Website That is allowed, but you must still follow the above rules.
- You must never give your name, address, age, telephone number, email address, MSN, Skype, AOL, Yahoo, Google or other instant messaging or chat username, password or other personal information to other users of this Website.
- We may use your contributions to this Website in other ways, for example in our comics.
- We may also use your user name and other details about you alongside your contributions in other publications.
- You promise that any comments, pictures, music, audio or other media that you post on this Website (your contributions) are your own work and not copied from anyone else.
- You give DC Thomson the everlasting permission to publish your contributions on this Website and elsewhere, including in other media (for example, in DC Thomson’s comics), anywhere in the world.
- DC Thomson will not be required to pay you for this right nor get any further permission from you to deal with your contributions in any way.
- You will not be able to withdraw this permission so please do not make any contribution to this Website that you do not want to be used in this way.
4. KEEPING SAFE ON THIS WEBSITE
If you are a child:
- YOU MUST NEVER TELL ANYONE WHAT SCHOOL YOU GO TO OR TELL THEM WHERE YOU LIVE.
- YOU MUST NEVER AGREE TO MEET ANYONE FROM THIS WEBSITE IN REAL LIFE UNLESS YOU MEET THEM WITH YOUR PARENTS OR GUARDIAN.
- If anyone ever asks you for your telephone number or address or details of your school, DO NOT REPLY. DO tell your mother, father or guardian straight away.
- You should check out the KidSmart website which will tell you about the dangers of using the Internet.
If you are an adult:
- You must not use forums, chats, comments or other interactive features on this Website which are marked for children only or with an age limit. You must never ask anyone you believe to be a child for their personal details.
5. PERSONAL USE ONLY
- You are only allowed to use this website for your own personal use. You are not allowed to use this Website for commercial use. For example, you are not allowed to copy anything from this Website so that you can sell it.
- We do not allow screen-scraping, caching, or data extraction from, or an programmatic access to, our website. If you own or operate a robot or a computer system or software that does this, you need to contact us to gain our permission. You are not allowed to use this website in any manner for which it has not been designed, including by trying to gain access to protected areas of this website without proper authorisation.
6. ENDING YOUR USE OF THIS WEBSITE
- We may stop you from using this Website, or ask you to stop using this Website, at any time. This may be by disabling your account or by giving you a notice (for example, sending you an email or putting a note on the Website) to stop using the Website.
- You promise not to access this Website or attempt to re-register with this Website if you have been stopped from, or asked to stop, using this Website.
7. OWNERSHIP OF THIS WEBSITE
- The contents of this Website, including all pictures, cartoons, graphics, words, music and sound belong to D C Thomson or its licensors (the people who have given permission to D C Thomson & Company Limited to use that material), and are protected by international copyright and other laws. You may not copy or use any of it other than directly as part of the normal use of this Website.
- 110% Gaming, Shout, The Beano and Commando are UK registered trade marks of D C Thomson.
8. LINKS TO AND FROM OTHER WEBSITES
- Parts of this Website may link to other websites. D C Thomson has no control over those other websites and you should read the terms and conditions of use posted on those websites.
- Parts of this Website may link to Facebook. You must not use Facebook unless you are 13 years of age or older, and you have agreed to comply with the terms and conditions of Facebook. D C Thomson is not related to Facebook and cannot be liable for anything that is displayed on Facebook.
- You may not frame any part of our website, or link to any part of our website other than its main pages (i.e. you must not link to individual pictures or parts of pages). If we ask you to, you will remove any link from your website to our website.
- DC Thomson may alter, remove or withdraw this Website or any part of it (including anything that you add to it) at any time for any reason, with or without telling you.
- DC Thomson may change these Rules at any time. You must make a note of the “Last Updated” date at the top of this page and check back regularly for updates. Your continued use of this Website confirms your acceptance to any updated terms.
- This Website is provided free to use on the terms and conditions set out in these Rules and therefore THIS WEBSITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS”. The material displayed on our site is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy.
- DC Thomson cannot guarantee that this Website is free from computer viruses or malware. You must use adequate and up to date anti-virus and anti-malware software when accessing this Website.
- To the extent permitted by law, we, other members of our group of companies and third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude:
- all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity;
- any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with this Website or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of this Website, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including:
- loss of income or revenue;
- loss of business;
- loss of profits or contracts;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of data;
- loss of goodwill;
- wasted management or office time; and
- whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
- This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
- The Internet is not secure. Sometimes, internet service providers or other third parties can and do intercept for legitimate and illegitimate reasons. D C Thomson will not be liable to you for any losses, costs or expenses that you suffer because of this or any other action or inaction of any third party.
- You agree to be responsible for, and pay back to D C Thomson, any losses, costs or expenses that D C Thomson suffers or incurs as a result of you failing to comply with these Rules.
11. OTHER TERMS
- The Privacy Statement applies to the use of your personal data in connection with this Website.
- The e-Commerce Terms and Conditions of Sale apply to any purchases for goods that you make via this website.
- Other terms and conditions may apply where stated, for example for competitions.
- You agree that these rules and your use of the Website (including any non-contractual obligations arising out of them) will be legally binding under the laws of England of Wales.
13. CONTACTING US
If you have any questions or comments or complaints about these rules or this Website we would love to hear from you. You can contact us as follows:
By email to: email@example.com
By post to: DC Thomson & Co Ltd
DC Thomson & Co Ltd is registered in Scotland for VAT. The VAT number is GB415340486.